Friday, January 12, 2018

Friday Linkups - Dial M for Mousse















It's Friday linkup time!  I'm linking up with the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer, Book Beginnings of Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader, and the Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice

This Week's Book Blogger Hop Question:
What upcoming titles are you looking forward to reading in 2018?

My Answer:
So many!  I'm excited for Death and the Viking's Daughter by Loretta Ross which is a cozy mystery series about an auctioneer and a former Marine turned PI/bounty hunter.  I'm also looking forward to the newest Nora Roberts. Her stand alone last year didn't really appeal to me but I'm hoping this year's does.


This week's book is another cozy mystery - Dial M for Mousse by Laura Bradford which is the 3rd in the Emergency Dessert Squad Mystery.  I honestly don't know all that much about the series other than it involves a dessert delivery service using a retired hearse but I love the titles and Laura Bradford is a cozy mystery author I've been wanting to read forever!

The Beginning:
Winnie Johnson knew it wasn't polite to stare.

My Thoughts:
This makes me want to know just what she's having to tell herself not to stare at!  It sounds like something interesting!

The 56:
Lovey was following directions - Winnie's directions.

My Thoughts:
It sounds like following Winnie's directions was not such a good idea!

So what do you think?  Keep reading?  Any books you're looking forward to in 2018?

19 comments:

  1. I. Looking forward to The Immoralists and Seven Days of Us. There are a few I downloaded to my kindle and need to carve out some time, I admire your structure and ability to post each day, you are so dedicated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are a ton of suspense novels I'm looking forward to reading, and have notes in my Planner to remind me of the release dates, otherwise I would probably forget. (lol) Happy Friday and Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun. I hadn't heard of these until recently! Here is mine: https://wp.me/pEZs7-x5d

    Happy Friday Fun! Enjoy yourself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love a good cozy, and this one does promise to be a page turner. Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “BEST DAY EVER”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Death & the Viking's Daughter was good. It makes me want to read the books that came before it but it stands alone well. Dial M for Mousse does sound good too. This week I have A Merciful Secret by Kendra Elliot - one from my review stack. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen this one before and it sounds like a fun cozy! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always want to read cozy mysteries, but something else always pops up. :)

    ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emergency Dessert Squad--sounds like something to add to speed dial asap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd keep reading- sounds intriguing! And death and the Viking's Daughter sounds fun too.

    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just reviewed the Emergency Dessert Squad series Book 1, Éclair and Present Danger if you’re interested.
    https://wp.me/p41eI2-Dd

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will be looking forward to your review for Dial M for Mousse. I think it sounds great. I am looking forward to the new Ilona Andrews book this year. Only a few more months!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the first one in this series and I am getting ready to listen to book two soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was hard enough narrowing down my list for the top ten post this week. I don't think I could narrow it down any more. :-) I think Death and the Viking's Daughter sounds like it will be good. Dial M for Mousse looks like it will be good as well. I hope you enjoy it, Katherine! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've recently gotten into cozy mysteries. I'll have to check these out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. My books are more ones that I want to read but they were released before 2018. They're just ones I haven't bought yet. But this one looks interesting, too. I haven't read many cozy mysteries in a very long time so maybe I should jump back into them :) Thanks for the addition to my TBR.

    Megan @ Ginger Mom and the Kindle Quest

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wrote on the wrong topic this week. I don't even know how that happened. I was excited to get to finish the Fandom Hearts series. I'm currently reading One True Pairing.

    ReplyDelete