Saturday, December 23, 2017

This Week in Reading - December 24

It's Sunday Post time!  This is hosted by the awesome Caffeinated Book Reviewer and gives us all a chance to recap our week.

What I Got:

A Whisper of Bones by Ellen Hart - This mystery looks fantastic!  It involves family secrets and old tragedies so you know I can't resist it!  (NetGalley)

I also checked out 2 rereads from the library as my Christmas present to me -

Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor  and Rainshadow Road both by Lisa Kleypas - I really enjoyed them both the first time I read them and lately I've been wanting to reread them.  I'm halfway done with Friday Harbor and really enjoying it. 







Currently:

Reading:  Christmas Eve at Friday Harbor by Lisa Kleypas and Now that You Mention It by Kristin Higgins

Listening:  I finished my last audio book for the year and am now catching up on podcasts.  I'm really enjoying The Popcast with Knox and Jamie

Watching:  We're watching large quantities of Hallmark Christmas movies and I'm mixing in some older movies I haven't seen like Holiday Inn with Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire.

Off the Blog:

We are getting ready for Christmas here!  It's been a bit crazy here with J recovering from surgery and then in the middle of that the dryer died so I've been learning the wonders of line drying while we wait for the part to arrive!  I'm really looking forward to just being able to dry clothes again.

Tonight is our primary celebration with J's family and then we have Santa coming late tonight.  The Tornado has switched to staying up later and sleeping late so this could be entertaining.  We sent his letter to Santa using Emailsanta.com which we used last year and he absolutely loved.  I've got some last minute cookie baking to do and then on Christmas morning (tomorrow morning!) it'll be just opening presents and relaxing in pajamas most of the day.  I'm really looking forward to that!

I hope all who celebrate have the merriest of Christmases and those that don't have a wonderful day.

On the Blog:

What Happened:

What's Coming Up:

Monday: A Few of My Favorite Christmas Things
Tuesday:  Ten Books I Want to Read in 2018
Wednesday: Now That You Mention It - Contemporary Fiction Review + Giveaway
Thursday: A Week in Winter - Contemporary Fiction Review
Friday: Ten of My Favorite Cozy Series I Found This Year
Saturday: Pines of Winder Ranch - Contemporary Romance Review

Have a great week and happy reading!

14 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful holiday! Hope your dryer is fixed soon...it isn't fun to do laundry without one.

    I like the look of A Whisper of Bones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas!! Hope J is recovering well and that you have a wonderful holiday.

    A Whisper ofBones looks great. And I haven't seen Holiday Inn yet, I need to one of these Christmases!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing you all the best for Christmas, sounds like you are organised although sounds like Santa will have to stay up a little later than usual!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry early Christmas! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    Here’s my Sunday Post!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog and join in this week’s Book Photo Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read a single Christmas-themed book this year! Christmas just came so quickly :D
    You'd be interested to hear that NOBODY has driers in our country, basically. Just not common, I guess? Yes, we just hang our clothes to dry :D
    Anyway, have a merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas and happy holidays!
    I too have some cookies to bake today, but in rest it's all about relaxing with my loved ones. Sorry to hear about the dryer and I hope you will have that problem solved as soon as possible. In my country nobody has dryers so I am used to hanging clothes to dry.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holiday Inn is one of my favorite movies!! It's the movie that got me to try other black and white movies when I was younger. :)

    Merry Christmas!!
    Week in Review

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, you're so busy, and hanging out in pajamas for a little while sounds relaxing. I still have 2 to finish for Hallmark, then off to Netflix for 2 more Christmas movies. Fred Astaire is one of my faves ever! He was just so colorful and talented. I'm experimenting with all kinds of cranberry recipes for a little while longer. Hope J is feeling okay. Will your cookies make it to the Blog or Pinterest? Merry Christmas Eve! Hugs...RO

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Whisper of Bone sounds like a good one! Enjoy your time with family. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you have a great Christmas! It looks like you got some wintery books.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Christmas is always a little more fun when you have younger kids around. Who knew you could email Santa? I hope you had a great Christmas. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your husband is recovering comfortably and smoothly. I wish for Tornado what his heart desires this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How did I miss that J had surgery?! I'm glad was he was better for the holiday. I hope you enjoyed your time with family. Here's to good reading in 2018. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry your dryer died! Our microwave died and my mom's dishwasher died. We are waiting on repairmen, too. Can you imagine that use to be the way of life? Growing up my mom absolutely refused to let us use the dryer except for 10 minutes to soften out the clothes after being on the line. I hope you get the dryer fixed soon!

    ReplyDelete