Friday, December 22, 2017

Friday Linkup - Honey-Baked Homicide















It's Friday linkup time!  I'm linking up with the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer, Book Beginnings of Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader, and the Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice

This Week's Book Blogger Hop Question:
Have you ever asked a co-workers to give you a book or B&N gift card if they got your name for a Secret Santa gift exchange?  If so did you get what you asked for?

My Answer:
I don't think I ever did.  I only did one Secret Santa gift exchange when I worked and I don't think books were on my wishlist.  I'm sure I would've gotten it if I had asked for it.

This has been the year of new cozy mystery series for me and this week is one of my most recent ones - Honey-Baked Homicide by Gayle Leeson.  I'm really enjoying this one so far and I do love a good cozy pun title!

The Beginning:
I was working on breakfast prep when my cousin Jackie popped her head into the kitchen and said, "Amy, Stu Landon is here."

My Thoughts:
Now this isn't that exciting of a meeting except that I know from the blurb that Stu Landon is going to end up dead pretty soon.

The 56:
During the lull between breakfast and lunch, I began preparing Parmesan-crusted pork chops.

My Thoughts:
She then goes into a few sentences describing how the pork chops are made and my mouth is watering!  This is not a book to be read on an empty stomach!

So what do you think?  Keep reading?

12 comments:

  1. The cover is so cute. You surely have done well with cozies this year!
    Thanks so much for always making such kind comments in my blogs. I can always count on you, I hope you have a wonderful book filled Christmas.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great cozy. I like looking at the recipes that are included but seldom try them. Those pork chops sound good though. Today I'm featuring The House on Tradd Street by Karen White. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sound of this one. Delightful 56...and I would be salivating, too. Here's mine: “THESE VIOLENT DELIGHTS”

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the title! And yes I imagine this would make one hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is cute and it seems like an interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun read, and I love the two mischievous cuties on the cover!
    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is tough when the person who gets you in the exchange doesn't know you like books, but how could they not know. LOL!!

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think we ever gave wishlists for work secret Santa gift exchanges. Every place I have worked would have had a close enough atmosphere that we would have known what the person liked anyway! 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't played Secret Santa for ages nor White Elephant. We did the former once with the family and it went okay. The latter was played at my mom's friend's annual party but we are no longer invited since we're usually busy with my brother's kids' birthdays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Only one of my previous jobs did a Secret Santa exchange and we included lists of things we would like. I did include a Barnes & Noble gift card on my list.

    ReplyDelete