Friday, November 10, 2017

Friday Linkups - A Late Frost


It's Friday linkup time!  I'm linking up with the Book Blogger Hop hosted by Coffee Addicted Writer, Book Beginnings of Fridays hosted by Rose City Reader, and the Friday 56 hosted by Freda's Voice

This Week's Book Blogger Hop Question:
What is your favorite part of blogging?  Is there a least favorite part of blogging?

My Answer:
My absolute favorite thing about blogging is the community.  I love "talking" to other book loving people.  There really isn't a least favorite but if I had to say something I do read more on a schedule than I used too.


This week's book is the newest from a favorite - A Late Frost by Sheila Connolly.  Connolly's Apple Orchard series is one of the first cozy mysteries I discovered and I've been really enjoying it ever since!

The Beginning:
"Did we celebrate Christmas this year?" Meg Corey Chapin asked her still-newish husband, Seth.

My Thoughts:
When you can't remember if you've celebrated Christmas that's probably a sign that things were pretty chaotic.

The 56:
He wasn't a child, and there wasn't anything in progress that he might need help with.  Why was she feeling oddly protective of him?


My Thoughts:
Just from this it's hard to tell what's going on here.  Does the person being spoken of need protection for any reason?

So what do you think?  Keep reading?

18 comments:

  1. The community is definitely an awesome perk of book blogging, and I agree, one of the best . Who ever knew there were so many like- mindd people to talk books?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you find a series you really enjoy, it's a keep reading situation. The opening line intrigues me enough to continue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know this series. It does sound like a good one though. This week I have Breath of Fire by Amanda Bouchet. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The series is new to me. I like the cover too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, a new cozy series for me! I do love them and just look at that awesome fall cover. Just in time!

    My Friday 56 from The Memory Trees

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keep reading! I read it and loved it! You can find my review on Goodreads and Barnes & Noble. I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine! http://tinyurl.com/LisaKsBookReviewsCFF-AaB

    ReplyDelete
  7. The book blogging community is my favorite part too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the author's County Cork books (the ones I've read), so I am eager to begin this series. Love the excerpts.

    Thanks for sharing, and here's mine: “THE CRUELEST MONTH”

    ReplyDelete
  9. My answer this week focused on the bookish community as well! <3 It's such a great place!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a bad memory, but that bad...lol
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes

    ReplyDelete
  11. A Late Frost sounds like a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The community is one of the best things! I really need to try this cozy series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the community and learning about new books. I have to say the least favorite part is how time consuming it can be at times and trying to balance it all. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the book community, and I love that book cover. I'm not sure if I'd keep reading, but it does sound at least a little intriguing.

    Have a great weekend. - Katie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I also have problems trying to read on schedule since I'm a slow reader and trying to get reviews out on time can be stressful at times.

    Here’s my Book Blogger Hop!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the book blogging community too. :-) I hope you enjoy A Late Frost. It looks like a good one. I love cozies this time of year. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I enjoy the community interaction, too. I would keep reading - I have found I enjoy cozies.

    ReplyDelete