Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Top 10 TBR Books for Spring

It's Tuesday!  This means it's time for the Top Ten Tuesday Linkup with The Broke and the Bookish!  This week's top ten list is the top ten books on my spring TBR.

This year I've been reading more review books than anything else which is leaving my TBR shelf neglected, still growing and overflowing to the point of breaking.  I've been doing the Take Control of Your TBR Challenge this month hosted by Caffeinated Book Reviewerand have made a little progress with the books I pulled for that.  For this week's top 10 list I pulled 10 more books off the shelf.  These are the ones I really wanted to read but for some reason just let sit on the shelf or is the next one in a series I've got some backup going on in.

So here's my current list!


From bottom to top:

At Home by Bill Bryson - When this book came out I really wanted to read it.  Like to the point I went out and bought it new in HARDCOVER (granted it was with a gift card but still).  That was almost 4 years ago and it has been sitting untouched on my shelf ever since.

The 8:55 to Baghdad by Andrew Eames - This is one of my nonfiction books about Agatha Christie and her work.  I may put this to the end of the stack to line it up as closely with reading Murder on the Orient Express as possible.

Necessary as Blood by Deborah Crombie - Crombie is one of my favorite and most reliable mystery authors.  I've loved all her books (well except for one) but for some reason completely forgot about her a few years ago.  I now have this book from 5 years ago and the next 2 on my Kindle.

Almost Home by Mariah Stewart - Number 3 in the Chesapeake Diaries series.  I've read #1, pulled #2 for the TBR challenge.  I've read 7 for review and just got 8.  I also own 4, 5 and 6.  Obviously this is a series I need to read as it keeps growing and I keep acquiring them.

Eleven Scandals to Start to Win a Duke's Heart by Sarah MacLean - read the first one, have the 2nd on Kindle and have been ignoring this one despite owning it for months.  I figure spring seems like the time to tackle the neglected romance novels I have sitting around.

The Sum of All Kisses by Julia Quinn - Julia Quinn is a longtime and reliable favorite.  I've heard good things about this series and I'm very intrigued by the main characters after meeting them in the last book.

Always on My Mind by Jill Shalvis - I've been looking forward to this one since I saw the words pastry chef in the description as that is a weakness of mine.  However, I ended up skipping it to read the next one for review fully intending to go straight back to this one.  It's been months.

Dead Bolt by Juliet Blackwell - read the first one years ago and really enjoyed it.  I now have #2 through 4 sitting on my shelf so I figured I should get started on the series.

Home for the Homicide by Jennie Bentley - I love this series and really wanted to read this as soon as I got it but for some reason didn't.  It's been sitting there waiting for months.

The Cape Cod Mystery by Phoebe Atwood Taylor - A classic mystery series that somehow I never read.  This is the first one and if I like it there are tons more to read!

And now for a look at the books I pulled for the TBR Challenge!

I've actually made pretty good progress - I'm just under halfway done just a little over halfway through the month. I've started the Mariah Stewart and will hopefully finish the rest of these by the end of the month!

6 comments:

  1. All of these sound wonderful, though I'm not familiar with most of these authors. Hope you'll see what is on my list today at http://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2014/03/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-on-my.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting! I'm hoping they'll all be good!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love anything Christie! I'll have to add The 8:55 to Baghdad to my TBR Pinboard.

    Check out my Spring TBR here:
    http://abibliophilesstyle.wordpress.com/2014/03/18/top-ten-tuesday-tbr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it will be interesting! I love a good Christie related book!
      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  3. This is a great list, Katherine! I haven't read any of the books on your list, but I have to say several of the authors are on my must read someday list. I've read books by Shalvis and Deborah Crombie before, but not the ones you mention. I keep meaning to read more by them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crombie's one of those authors that I always mean to read more of but always forget about! This is one of her newer ones though I have a few older ones I either haven't read or have read but forgotten. Both of which are entirely possible. I've heard good things about the Shalvis book so I'm looking forward to it. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete