Wednesday, March 26, 2014

At Home with Modern June - Review


At Home with Modern June by Kelly McCants

Rating: 4 Stars

Description:  This is a comprehensive sewing project book for anyone who has any room or every room to fix up.  The projects include everything you could possibly think of: curtains, pillows, duvet covers, various table cloths, shower curtains, bed skirts and quilts.  It also includes a few projects I would never have thought of - makeup trays, upholstered bulletin boards, sewing supply case and countless other projects.  The book is full of her tips and recommendations as well as detailed descriptions for how to tackle each project.

Genre: Crafting

My Impression:  My interest in sewing is just starting to take a tiny step on the bridge from thinking to doing.  I'm a beginning beginner so I wasn't sure how useful I would find this book.  What I found was a book jammed packed with inspirational projects and directions that made sense.  She discusses measurements and needed supplies in detail so that I felt that I really could do every project in the book.  What's even better is that I WANT to do just about every project in the book.  The bulk of the projects are things that you need - like curtains and pillows - to make a house feel like home and look pretty.  This would be a great book for someone who just bought a home and is a beginner to intermediate sewer.  I think some of the projects might be a little too basic for really advanced seweres.

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?: Yes!  I plan on buying this book in a hard copy once I'm really able to devote some time to sewing

Would I Recommend this Book?:  Definitely!

No comments:

Post a Comment