Wednesday, January 15, 2014

When We Touch - Review


When We Touch by Brenda Novak

Rating: 3 Stars

Description:  Wedding planner Olivia is back home in Whiskey Creek to plan the wedding of her sister Noelle.  The catch?  The man that Noelle is marrying in none other than Kyle, Olivia's very recent ex-boyfriend.  To make matters worse, Noelle happens to be pregnant.  When she finally gives into the sobbing fit she so deserves who does she run into but professional skier, handsome adrenaline junkie Brandon who just happens to be Kyle's stepbrother.  As the wedding forces Olivia and Brandon together more and more could it be possible that there could be something there?

Genre: Romance

My Impression:  Someone had recommended this series to me because I enjoyed Jill Shalvis's Lucky Harbor books and Susan Mallery's Fool's Gold series (well except for all the babies.  Really people birth control works!).  This novella was a good way to get a glimpse into the series before committing to a full length book.  I liked Olivia and Brandon and I like that Kyle wasn't just a one note shallow villain.   It also very loosely introduced the characters for the rest of the series.  I don't know how much the rest of the series will relate to this book but I do plan on standing out.  Another thing I liked is that this book didn't end with a giant ribbon tied up around the loose ends.  With just 100 pages in the book it always seems so rushed and forced when a short story or novella ends with a wedding.

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?: Yes,  I'm interested in seeing where the series goes.

Would I Recommend this Book?:  Yes

No comments:

Post a Comment