Monday, October 7, 2013

The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery - Review


The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery

Rating: 5 Stars

Description:  Valancy has lived her entire 29 years trying to please everyone and succeeding in pleasing no one.  When a doctor gives her maybe a year left to live she decides its time to please the one person she's never thought about - herself.

Genre: Childrens/YA

My Impression:  This is one of my favorite of Montgomery's standalone books but I didn't actually discover this one until I was an adult.  I love how things work out for Valancy and how her personality develops as she does what she wants.  Since her actions consist of moving in to help take care of a school friend who has fallen on hard times she remains likable and easy to cheer for.  Also, watching her extended family try and figure out what to do and how to react is pretty funny.  This is a fun story where the good win and the bad end up looking foolish.

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?:  Yes!

Would I Recommend this Book?:  Of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment