Sunday, September 1, 2013

Rainbow Valley by L.M. Montgomery - Review


Rainbow Valley by L.M. Montgomery

Rating: 4 Stars

Description:  The Blythe children are getting older and have found wonderful playmates in the Meredith children, the loved but somewhat neglected children of the minister.  Adventures abound and new friends are made.

Genre: Children Classic

My Impression:  This is truly the story of the Blythe children.  Anne shows up some but it is very infrequent and the stories are never about her.  The children really come into their own in this book and are much more developed than they were in Anne of Ingleside.  I love the Blythes and I love the Merediths but I never warmed to Mary Vance.  This is definitely more of a character driven book versus a plot driven book but I think it is necessary to read this one before Rilla's book so that you really know who the children are.

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?:  Yes

Would I Recommend this Book?:  Yes but it's not my favorite of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment