Tuesday, September 10, 2013

House of Many Shadows by Barbara Michaels - Review


House of Many Shadows by Barbara Michaels

Rating:  4 Stars

Description:  23 year old New Yorker, Meg Rittenhouse is at the end of her rope after a head injury leaves her unable to work.  Luckily, distant and wealthy cousin Sylvia, swoops in and packs her off to to rural Pennsylvania Dutch country with the job of restoring one of Sylvia's homes.  Despite her hopes that the peace and quiet of the country will help her hallucinations they seem to be back and even stronger and to make it worse Andy, caretaker and step-son to Sylvia, sees them too.

Genre:  Mystery

My Impression: I've been in a serious reading slump so far this month and this is one of those books that always proves a quick read and jolts me out of my rut.  This is a fun read with history, creepy atmosphere and a little bit of romance.  My only real problem with the book is there is an event that happens maybe 100 pages into the book and its never completely resolved.  This happens in several of her books where something will happen that seems important or adds to mystery of the situation and then is never really explained.  As usual Michaels doesn't disappoint and I would pay serious money to go exploring the attic that Meg spends quite a bit of time in.

Would I Read More of this Series/Author?:  Yes definitely!  This is one of my favorite authors.

Would I Recommend this Book?:  Yes!

No comments:

Post a Comment